Date:      Sun, 1 Oct 2000 17:50:09 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stolen script?

On Sun, Oct 01, 2000 at 10:55:26AM -0700, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> I don't want anyone to flame the guy to death, I just want to know
> if this is ok or not?  My understanding is that it's ok to GPL
> our code so long as the original copyright remains intact.
>
> So two questions:
> So can he GPL it?
> Must he add the src/COPYRIGHT?

He is violating the original copyright and committing a serious crime
(copyright infringment).  Tell him he better put the copyright back in,
or something furious will happen.

--
Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu> - Physics Computer Network wench
The Universal Answer to All Problems - "It has something to do with physics."