Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:06:03 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        vova@dod.niss.gov.ua (Vladimir V. Tkatchenko)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Zip, jazz and other

In a previous message, Vladimir V. Tkatchenko said:
[Charset koi8-r unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
> Hello!
> I want to get more information about supporting devices such as ZIP,
> Jazz and Syquest.

I use both a SyQuest EZ135 and a SyJet 1.5 on FreeBSD, SCSI versions.
I think there is a parallel driver for the Zip, but I have no
experience with them.

Generally, I believe the SyQuests to be better drives than the Iomegas.
They are faster and the Zip isn't a full SCSI implementation. You can
boot off an EZ135 and SyJet, I'm pretty sure that's not true for the
Zip.

> I didn't understood from handbook what did it mean *  at the 8.3 blank.

The section has not yet been written.

> Does FreeBSD support that device? Which kernel I must use? Can I get the
> 2.2.6 RELEASE? If it's not so hard give me more information about those
> devices, please, or send me some useful mark-ups.
>
> Thanx beforehand.
>
> Vladimir V. Tkatchenko
> Reply please to vova@dod.niss.gov.ua
> or (preferable) zloy@dod.niss.gov.ua

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
                                        --Thomas Edison