Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 07:00:19 +0000
From:      Josh Paetzel <friar_josh@webwarrior.net>
To:        chia an <alan_qc@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UDMA ICRC error

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 08:21:38PM -0800, chia an wrote:
> hello friend_bsd;
> 1 .i have a problem when booting my Freebsd 4.4, there
> was an error appear like this :
>
> ad0s3a : UDMA ICRC error reading fsbn 1606628 of 64-79
> (ad0s3 bn 1606628; cn 100 tn 2 sn 2 ) retrying
> ad0s3a : UDMA ICRC error reading fsbn 1606628 of 64-79
> (ad0s3 bn 1606628; cn 100 tn 2 sn 2 ) retrying
> ad0s3a : UDMA ICRC error reading fsbn 1606628 of 64-79
> (ad0s3 bn 1606628; cn 100 tn 2 sn 2 ) falling back to
> PIO mode
>
> what should i do?

This looks like you have a bad cable perhaps.  Does the disk seem to
work ok after these errors come up?  It could also be an indication
that your disk is dying.

> 2.How to running sshd?what the different with ssh?how
> to make the configuration for sshd?is there any option
> to activated for ssh because iam using ipfirewall in
> my kernel!

sshd is started in the default install.  The configuration of sshd is
controlled by the file /etc/ssh/sshd_config

There are a lot of really cool things that you can do with ssh, but
out of the box you should be able to log in remotely by doing:

$ssh -l usernameofaccountonthehost hostname

man ssh and man sshd have lots of useful information on ssh.  A book
that you might get if you are interested in all of the things that you
can do with ssh is Using Secure Shell Services by O'Reilly.

Josh