Date:      Mon, 30 Jan 1995 21:45:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Terry Rossi <tpr@picspc01.pics.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        tpr@pics.com
Subject:   SNAP Questions

I have just found the 2.0 SNAP release and have some questions regarding
upgrading from 2.0R.  Let me preface the questions by saying that the
2.0R works excellent here on my machine.  I did the entire installation
over the internet and it was wonderful.  The only problem I have with
2.0R is that I have been unsuccessful in getting a dial-in (into FreeBSD)
slip or ppp connection going and that's why I want to try the SNAP release.

1)  How the heck do I upgrade?  Please be kind I looked for an upgade
    doc.  Do I need to create floppies again?  Can I use the sysinstall
    utility from a running 2.0R system?

(That is really Question 1 2 & 3)

4)  Is this a release stable, my 2.0R system is currently acting as a news
    server, WWW server, and email gateway.  BTW this is on a 386/20 with
    10mg's of RAM and 1.2gb of IDE disk(s).  Wonderful!!!

5)  Were there bug fixes to pppd or slipattach or the tty drivers?

Thanks!
Terry

Terry Rossi tpr@pics.com                 Data: 609/753-2540
Sysop, Pics OnLine BBS                 telnet: bbs.pics.com
609/767-0216 Voice/Fax              WWW: http://www.pics.com