Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 1999 01:10:56 +0200
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@shale.csir.co.za>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: egcs

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 04, 1999 at 04:02:28PM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> > what's the name of the system compiler going to be, egcs or gcc, or cc?
> > And the C++ one?
>
> No change in names.  cc/gcc and c++/g++/CC

Experience says there are a lot of ports which look for egcc and eg++,
so it might be nice to add these (and all the other names used for the
port) as hardlinks.  Won't cost anything (well a few bytes...), and also
will help with the depends checking on ports.

Regards,
 -Jeremy

--
  |   "I could be anything I wanted to, but one things true
--+--  Never gonna be as big as Jesus, never gonna hold the world in my hand