Date:      Sat, 06 May 2000 15:26:30 -0500
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@asme.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Anyone enhancing pmake?

JIC someone is interested in improving our make, while porting BSD make
to Unixware I had some email with Simon J. Gerraty that I now post in
part:
_____________
Oh, btw I've just put bmake-3.0.2 up for ftp.  This has some nifty new
variable modifiers from ODE make (another pmake derrivative).
See the man page for details.

> Huh..do you have a pointer to ODE make? ...

You can find ODE at... http://www.ede.com/ode/

Note that ODE has not been updated in _years_ and is effectively dead.
That's why I took the features that people liked and added them to
NetBSD's make.

--sj

Simon's work in progress is here, http://www.quick.com.au/ftp/pub/sjg/

cheers,