Date:      Thu, 07 Jun 2001 13:16:52 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   proc->pstats / SIGVTALRM

In fielding a question from someone regarding what appears to be
SIGVTALRM sniping on their system, I noticed that the pstats structure
(which holds the p_timer fields which are used to track interval timers)
is outside the  bzero-on-allocation region of the proc structure.

Thus it seems to me that it would be possible for garbage to be present
in these fields, leading to possible spurious generation of this signal.

Can anyone point out where I'm mistaken here?

Regards,
Mike