Date:      Sat, 28 Dec 1996 19:16:44 +0100
From:      Peter Korsten <peterk@IAEhv.nl>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xterm won't work

I'm not really sure where to post this, so this seems to be the
address.

I'm having trouble starting an xterm on my machine. When I do try
to start one, I get "inappropiate ioctl for device. After reading
through a ktrace dump, I see that there's an open() on /dev/tty
and four consecutive ioctl()'s are performed on that. All fail,
because /dev/tty doesn't seem to be a tty (according to the error
message). I'm running 2.1.5.

Is this an easy to solve problem? Thanx!

- Peter