Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:55:01 -0400
From:      Ray Hicks <rayhicks@nullroute.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   static IP address will not go away!

I have a new internet connection and my new provider here will DHCP me an
address.  I changed /etc/rc.conf to reflect the interface should now DHCP and
removed the static IP entry. Now when I ifconfig -a the interface It shows 2 IP
addresses.  The old one I had manually put there and the one it DHCP'd for.  I
have removed the entries from rc.conf for the static IP.  Can anyone suggest
where it might be coming from?

I am using FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE.

please respond directly as I am not on the mailing list.

Thanks

--
Ray Hicks
http://nullroute.co.uk