Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:13:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      mi@aldan.algebra.com
To:        "Henry F. Marquardt" <hank@yerpso.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Irda support

On  2 Aug, Henry F. Marquardt wrote:
= I  agree, this  is a  'lost'  technology, a  solution in  search of  a
= problem. Even the  palm crowd doesn't use  it much that I've  seen - I
= remember some of  the early marketing hype there  with people swapping
= IR business cards - I don't think  I've ever seen anyone do that and I
= don't think  I could figure out  how in any reasonable  amount of time
= with mine - it'd be quicker to scribble on a napkin.

Right -- and then you end up  with dozens of those napkins piling up. Or
not you  -- your company's business  people, who will then  force YOU to
support their Windoz machines, because  Windoz does have support for the
IR and the software that makes use of it...

	-mi (who sees his client's executives exchange data with
	     their Palm Pilots over IR quite often and efficient)