Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2008 21:10:41 +0100
From:      Thierry Thomas <thierry@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        Volker Glatz <softwareleute@freenet.de>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Miro crashes at startup

--RASg3xLB4tUQ4RcS

Le Ven 11 jan 08 =E0  4:25:04 +0100, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
 =E9crivait=A0:
>=20
> The boost with WITH_PYTHON=3Dyes and boost-python are exactly same. The =
=20
> boost-python call on boost with WITH_PYTHON=3Dyes define. Read in =20
> devel/boost-python/Makefile. I doubt this crash issue has to do with boos=
t =20
> vs boost-python. When I created different miro port, all FreeBSD 6.x user=
s =20
> report me crash issue while FreeBSD 7.x and above users don't have any =
=20
> problem. I can't figure what's wrong with miro in FreeBSD 6.x as all of m=
y =20
> machines have FreeBSD 7.x.

Actually, yes, it's possible to run Miro on FreeBSD-6, but it seems very
sensitive...

That means:

- check that all dependencies are up to date;
- no dangling libraries or binaries linked against something located
under /usr/local/lib/compat;
- nothing linked against previous versions of system libraries (e.g.
old libm);
- and maybe some conflicts not yet detected...

BTW, I'm working on the upgrade to 1.1, but I don't think that it
contains anything related to this problem.

Regards,
--=20
Th. Thomas.

--RASg3xLB4tUQ4RcS