Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 08:32:54 +0000
From:      "A.P.Ivanov" <ivanov@nfsun1.jinr.ru>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   pcnfsd

Hi,

I have troubles exporting my printer with pcnfsd.
Clients are running win3.1[1] with sun pcnfs 5.1.
I followed all recommendations in pcnfsd man, but PCs just refuses to
mount
printdevice. I succeded in mounting it when I've exported spool
directory for each client. (/var/spool/mail/client1). But then
nothing happend, when I print to captured device on PC it says OK
and that's all.  Then I put the following line in /etc/pcnfsd.conf

printer   bw  -  mail -s 'hi from pcnfsd' root < $FILE

and after printing ascii text I got a mail containing a little pieces of
original text with some garbage in it.

And by the way, is it necessary use 'mount -n', cause without -n
I succesfully mounted exported directories on PC. Is it only useful
for pcnfsd.

And finally when I mount printer with lpd protocol and print to it
lpd just dumps core (signal 11) and dies.

Any recommendtations?
Thanks.

--

 Alexander P. Ivanov            mailto:ivanov@nf.jinr.ru