Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 1996 03:58:58 -0700
From:      "Neil C. Jensen" <njensen@habaneros.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   tiff3.4 and libtiff.so.3.3 port to FBSD?

I need to compile the latest version of tiff3.4 with libtiff.so.3.
Unfortunately, I cannot make do with version 3.3 in the ports
collection.

I can successfully use the 'configure' program to compile and produce
tiff.h,tiffio.h and libtiff.a, however, it does not produce the
libtiff.so.3.

I have checked the patches in the ports directory which are used
to produce the so, however, I do not have the knowledge to apply this to
3.4.

Has anybody successfully ported tiff3.4 to FreeBSD? I would appreciate
some pointers.

Thanks in advance,

Neil Jensen,
Habanero Studios Ltd.