Date:      Tue, 14 Feb 2006 01:21:37 -0200
From:      sergio lenzi <lenzi@infopar.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD 6.0 ISO cd...

Em Seg, 2006-02-13 ās 14:32 -0500, Lowell Gilbert escreveu:

> sergio lenzi <lenzi@infopar.com.br> writes:
>
> > I need to make a new cd1 with xorg version 6.9.0
> > and some packages for my own use... but I was
> > unable to rebuild the cd... with an 600Mb size...
> >
> > My question is:
> > Where can I find a documentation about the way
> > the FreeBSD 6.0 release cd1  is built....
>
> "man release"

Ok I try to investigate what the system does in a
make release...
the problem is that I do not have enough disk or cpu/memory
for a complete build workd & make release....

I see that at some point in the Makefile it tries to execute a
mkisoimage.sh
from the i386 directory....

the same command executed against the original CD directory tree
(produces
the same 1052Mb filesystem...(of course, it does not fit on a CD)....

Can someone point me another idea of how to "compress"  the CD???

I tried the mkuzip but it result in a shell script.... that, will not
boot
from a "burned"  CD....

Thanks for any help,

Sergio