Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 1999 15:06:55 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Gorden Fischer <gfish123@pacbell.net>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Will FreeBSD ever goes public?

It does not make sense to talk about FreeBSD going public. Cooperative
open source development projects do not go public; corporations which
market and distribute the code from them do.

And there are many public companies that are already doing that. Look
at Whistle (now part of the publicly traded IBM), Maxtor, Intel....

FreeBSD is already "public" in that sense.

--Brett