Date:      Fri, 06 Dec 2002 13:28:32 -0800
From:      Fred Gilham <gilham@csl.sri.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP users: Please test (possible bug in select())

Craig Boston wrote:
> Start off by running one copy of this program PER CPU (i.e. run it twice
> on a dual CPU box), and let it run for 5 minutes or so.  If your system
> is still up and running, run two more copies and wait another 5
> minutes.  Bonus points for running from within X.

I ran 4 copies of the code for maybe twenty minutes with no ill
effects.

I ran under X with a bunch of other stuff running as well.

I'm using a Tyan Tiger MP S2460, dual athlons.

--
Fred Gilham                                        gilham@csl.sri.com
Bilingualism: The belief that countries work best when people can't