Date:      Tue, 08 Dec 1998 09:30:03 -0500
From:      Keith Leonard <keithl@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   apsfilter and the loss of hair...

Howdy,

Have checked the resources at the FreeBSD site and have finally given
up. I surrendered to the inevitable and finally bought the 2.2.7 release
and book and upgraded from 2.1.5 (which I love - although never got
apsfilter to work there either - I'm really dense, they'd have to create
a new lower level of 'Dummy' books just for me.)

First attempt to make apsfilter gave me the 'missing Imakefile' problem
which the BSD site answered. Then the 'NO_CHECKSUM=yes' for tfig (I
think), not locating jbigkit (even after installing the binaries), then
a whole bunch of 'mangled...' for the 6th dependancy program then hours
of download (at 56K), compiling and then a string of 'Errors.." which at
2 AM started to blur and then I noticed the clumps of hair clenched in
my fists ...

My question:

Is there an easier way to get apsfilter working (I can't find a binary
of the program.)

Sorry for the bother but I really liked apsfilter on my old L**ux
machine and would like to use on this superior OS.

--
Keith