Date:      Tue, 02 Nov 1999 12:10:33 -0500
From:      "Scott I. Remick" <scott@computeralt.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Deletable default accounts?

I'm setting up a new 3.3 system to be a dual-homed router/firewall.  It
will only be running ssh2, ipfw, etc.  What default accounts can I safely
remove to tighten security?

toor, daemon, operator, bin, tty, kmem, games, news, man, bind, ucp, xten,
pop, nobody

I'm thinking that probably toor, games, news, bind, ucp, and pop can
go.  I'm also thinking daemon, operator, and man cannot.  But I'm not
certain.  Can someone enlighten me about all of them?  Thanks.