Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 1997 19:11:15 +0100 (MET)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au (Stephen McKay)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au
Subject:   Re: volume control on SCSI Toshiba CDdrive

As Stephen McKay wrote...

> On Wednesday, 17th December 1997, Wilko Bulte wrote:
>
> >Well it took some time, but I haven't given up:
> >
> >TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-5701TA 0557
> >
> >is a firmware rev that has *working* audio control...
>
> This is good news!  But how do we know it's *only* the firmware that is
> different?  Maybe it's new firmware that just happens to be present on a

Well, I'm going to try to copy the eprom and put the copy in my own drive.
This will prove whether it's hardware or firmware (I hope...)

Have to find a SMD capable programmer and a SMD EPROM first...

> working hardware revision.  Still, I can hope.
>
> >As far as getting in touch with a contact in Toshiba I did not have as much
> >luck.
>
> Sigh.  I know nobody with such contacts.  But I'll hassle everyone that I
> think might know someone who knows someone!

Great. I'll report back to the list as soon as I have tested the new ROM.

Wilko
----------------  Support your local daemons: run [Free,Net]BSD Unix  ------