Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:08:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        "Chynnee" <chynnee@mindspring.com>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Freezes in 4.4RC on SMP Kernel

    Are any of these processes niced down or running in a special
    scheduling mode?

						-Matt

:Let me add another SMP freeze. This is on a Supermicro motherboard. If
:I turn off gkrellm, the freezes stop happening. I've been turning
:monitors back on slowly and seeing if they restart.
:
:In looking through the sensors code in gkrellm and healthd, I notice
:that gkrellm assumes that it's got a Winbond sensor chip, whereas
:healthd says the one on the supermicro as an Asus AS97127F.
:
:At this point I suspect that one of the plugins is buggy and tweaking
:the sensor in some way.
:
:	<mke
:--