Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 1998 18:09:24 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alpha port..

> As far as this actually happening on the FreeBSD side, I'd love to
> see a lot of this stuff adopted into FreeBSD, since we rely on a
> couple of FreeBSD folks for some of our device drivers. However,
> last time I chatted with David Greenman (at ISPCon in SF last
> August) he indicated to me that he felt that inb() and outb() were
> just fine for device drivers, and he saw no need for any of the
> bus_space stuff in NetBSD.

If that was indeed David's position at the time, I think it's changed.
All of bus.h as well as enough of the Bus DMA stuff to do page based
bounce buffers has already been implemented and is available in the
CAM SCSI layer snapshots.  I should probably push to get these changes
formally reviewed an put into the tree though.  They aren't really CAM
specific.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD - Turning PCs into workstations