Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 13:47:14 +0000
From:      Niall Smart <rotel@indigo.ie>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PR kern/1144

Hi,

The abovementioned PR is for sig{add, del}set and sigismember.
Apparently POSIX requires that these functions check that the
specified signal number exists, which they currently do not do.

These functions are currently defined as macro's, I don't see any
nice, fast, MT-safe way that only evaluates the signal number
argument once that adds the checking that POSIX requires while
keeping them as macros.  So should I submit patches to fix this
problem by deleting the macro definitions and adding the required
checking to /usr/src/lib/libc/gen/sigsetops.c or are we going to
ignore POSIX?

Niall

--
Niall Smart.  Microsoft Suck.  See www.freebsd.org for details.
echo "#define if(x) if(!(x))" >> /usr/include/stdio.h