Date:      Thu, 11 Feb 1999 14:14:54 +0100
From:      Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@pi.musin.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   data recovery ?

Hi,

A friend of mine (no, not me :-) just managed to do a fresh 3.0 install
on his box without saving his previous data to another box.
He had one home.tar lying in /usr before he re-paritioned and
reinstalled.

Is there _any_ way to recover it now? Unfortunately nobody here has
enough knowledge of the filesystem structure for ufs.

Are there any pointers on what we can try to recover this .tar now, or
are we lot ?

CU,
    Sec
--