Date:      Fri, 6 Jun 2003 02:17:54 -1000
From:      Kent Hauser <kent.hauser@verizon.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   manual distfiles

Hi,

Is there some reason that "manual" distfiles can't be segragated from the
"redistributable" distfiles?

When I clean up my distfiles directory, I like to save the manually retrieved
ones (eg netscape, staroffice, realplayer). Having them in the general
population means I sometimes remove them and have to manually retrieve them
again when upgrading.

It seems to me that a "man" subdirectory (analogous to "xc" or "rpm") would
integrate flawlessly and allow these *precious* downloads to be easily
preserved.

Just a thought.

Kent