Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 03:31:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>
Cc:        Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lynx w/ SSLeay working: crypto.h diff

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:58:15 -0400, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:
>
> > I'd guess the error is in some interaction between the Lynx SSL
> > patches and SSLeay. Maybe a strange #define.
>
> And your advice? Should I just not worry about it as long as it works
> for me?

I don't have any advice...

I can tell you what I would do...  (!= advice)

I would experiment a little further and try to figure-out why
what you did works.  Changing (*free_func) to (*f) in a function
prototype should not have any effect, _normally_.  I would play
around and see if things like (*freefunc) work or not.
Particularly important, I'd look for any funny #defines, or any
other occurrences of "free_func" in any system headers, lynx
sources files, or SSLeay source files.

What you do may be totally different.  :-)

Do you want to see SSLeay support merged into the FreeBSD port?
Are future versions of lynx expected to ship with SSL default?
When?  You could just report it to the maintainer of the Lynx SSL
patches so that if they get any questions from other people
"Help!  Your patches don't work for me", then they have some
suggestions.

--
This .sig is not innovative, witty, or profund.