Date:      17 Jun 2002 22:06:56 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Re: portupgrade of samba-2.2.4_1 fails - UPDATE]

--=-NeFTZQIrwlpq2mtFLAKv

Hi David,
   I removed the Makefile.inc, and did *not* select ACL support, but it
still failed with similar looking failures (see below).

What could I be doing wrong?

Stacey

checking for setresuid... OK
yes
checking for working mmap... yes
checking for ftruncate needs root... no
checking for fcntl locking... yes
checking for broken (glibc2.1/x86) 64 bit fcntl locking... no
checking for 64 bit fcntl locking... no
checking for st_blocks in struct stat... yes
checking for broken nisplus include files... yes
checking whether to use smbwrapper... no
checking whether to use AFS... no
checking whether to use DCE/DFS auth... no
checking whether to use Kerberos IV... no
checking whether to use Kerberos 5... no
checking whether to use AUTOMOUNT... no
checking whether to use SMBMOUNT... no
checking whether to use PAM password database... yes
checking for pam_get_data in -lpam... yes
checking whether to use pam_smbpass... no
checking whether to use TDB SAM database... no
checking whether to use LDAP SAM database... yes
checking for ber_bvfree in -llber... yes
checking for ldap_start_tls_s... no
checking whether to use NISPLUS SAM database... no
checking whether to use traditional smbpasswd file... no
checking whether to use NISPLUS_HOME... no
checking whether to use SSL... yes
checking whether to use syslog logging... yes
checking whether to use profiling... no
checking whether to support disk-quotas... yes
checking whether to support utmp accounting... yes
checking whether to support Microsoft Dfs... yes
checking whether to build the libsmbclient shared library... no
checking how to get filesystem space usage
checking statvfs64 function (SVR4)... no
checking statvfs function (SVR4)... no
checking for 3-argument statfs function (DEC OSF/1)... no
checking for two-argument statfs with statfs.bsize member (AIX,
4.3BSD)... no
checking for four-argument statfs (AIX-3.2.5, SVR3)... no
checking for two-argument statfs with statfs.fsize member (4.4BSD and
NetBSD)... no
checking for two-argument statfs with struct fs_data (Ultrix)... no
checking if large file support can be enabled... yes
checking whether to support ACLs... no
checking whether to build winbind... no, unsupported on freebsd4.6
checking whether or not getgroups returns EGID too many times... yes
checking whether struct passwd has pw_comment... no
checking whether struct passwd has pw_age... no
checking for poptGetContext in -lpopt... no
checking whether to use included popt... ./popt
checking configure summary... configure: error: summary failure.
Aborting config
=3D=3D=3D>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
      Please report the problem to dwcjr@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and
attach
      the "/usr/ports/net/samba/work/samba-2.2.5pre1/source/config.log"
      including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it
might      be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages
installed on your
      system (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba.
** Command failed: make
** Fix the problem and try again.
** The following packages were not installed or upgraded (*:skipped /
!:failed)
	! net/samba (samba-2.2.4_1)	(configure error)
#

On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 21:33, David W. Chapman Jr. wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 09:09:16PM +0100, Stacey Roberts wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   I think I messed up with portupgrade on samba-2.2.4_1 today. During
> > the configure menu I selecting things like ACL support that's producing
> > this error:
> > # portupgrade -R samba-2.2.4_1
> > ** 'net/samba' is marked as IGNORE:
> > 	"is marked as broken: "Requires a recent FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT""
> > #=20
> > What can I do so as to undo what I've done so that I can safe upgrade
> > this port?
>=20
> When you run portupgrade again, it should do a make clean which will=20
> remove Makefile.inc and then ask you for options again or you can=20
> modify the Makefile.inc to not include the acl line as it doesn't=20
> check to see if its yes or no, but only if its defined.  You can also=20
> rm Makefile.inc and it will give you the options again.
>=20
> --=20
> David W. Chapman Jr.
> dwcjr@inethouston.net	Raintree Network Services, Inc. <www.inethouston.ne=
t>
> dwcjr@freebsd.org	FreeBSD Committer <www.FreeBSD.org>
--=20
Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
Network Systems Engineer