Date:      Sun, 4 Nov 2001 10:52:51 -0500
From:      "Jason Cribbins" <jasonc@concentric.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ipfw: getsockopt(IP_FW_GET): Protocol not available

I just added the following to my kernel config and rebuilt it:
options         IPDIVERT

Now I get the following when I try to show, list or add a divert for natd:
3:45pm ns1:/ # ipfw show
ipfw: getsockopt(IP_FW_GET): Protocol not available
3:45pm ns1:/ # ipfw list
ipfw: getsockopt(IP_FW_GET): Protocol not available
3:45pm ns1:/ # ipfw add divert natd all from any to any via lnc0
ipfw: getsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Protocol not available
3:46pm ns1:/ #

On the previous build of the kernel the show and list commands worked fine.
I was getting trouble adding any diverts though.

This box is running FreeBSD4.3 and also has dhcpd, natd, and named running.
And natd is still not working.  Whatever other info you need let me know.  I
didn't think I should send you every conf file here even though I have
checked a dozen of so of them and everything seems from what I can tell.