Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 2002 23:45:13 -0700
From:      Mike Hogsett <hogsett@csl.sri.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail Rules

This is not likely to be the correct place to post this, but you are all
generally a great bunch of people who have helped me more than once and
more often than not know your shit.

We are, as many of you are also, experiencing an increasing number of
forged from adresses in email sent to our domains.  Traditionally we have
allowed external mail to claim to be internal senders for a number of
reasons.  What I would like to do is only permit hosts within our address
space to claim to be user@ourdomain(s).com and deny all external hosts
claiming to be user@ourdomain(s).com (with an appropriate error message).

How do I do this?  I am not asking for you do to my homework, just point
me where I can find what I need if you could be so kind.

Thanks,

 - Michael Hogsett