Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 1999 16:47:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To:        "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
Cc:        Stephen McKay <syssgm@detir.qld.gov.au>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: When they came for Brett

Hi,

On Sun, 12 Sep 1999, G. Adam Stanislav wrote:

> I am opposed to banning Brett from our mail lists, as that would set a
> dangerous precedent.

I would second this although I've also had long drawn out "conversations"
on various subjects.  That said I _often_ wish he would just be quiet or
use a more direct way (like actually calling Walnut Creek/Jordan about the
specific questions he has) to communicate.

> Everyone knows that he will respond to every single message to him, so
> if they really did not want to see his messages, they would ignore
> him, or even filter him out.

This is not always true.  If you form your questions/comments so that they
are very very specific he will ignore them.  He recently said he'd been
doing a lot of advocacy and Jordan, among others, noted that we haven't
seen any of these articles.  I would personally like to see them so I can
read them (because I do enjoy his articles usually) and so I can put
pointers to them in Daemon News.  I then asked him to please send me where
these were published, even if it was solely in print.  I've never heard
back from him.

The reason people get annoyed with Brett is that he always says he's doing
something or willing to do something but then never, as far as we
(speaking for the people on the list - kinda bold) can tell follows
through with any actual work.  He's like a foreman who sits on his butt
all day telling people what to do while a house is being built but
couldn't personally hammer a nail if he was asked to.

And Brett, if you're reading this I would _still_ like pointers to these
recent articles.

Brett Taylor
Brett Taylor             brett@peloton.runet.edu    *
Co-editor in Chief	 brett@daemonnews.org	    *
Dept of Chem and Physics			    *
Curie 39A	(540) 831-6147                      *