Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 1997 16:08:51 -0700
From:      yu132719@yorku.ca
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Printer support

Hi!

I am planning to buy a pesonal laser printer and I would like to know
which printers are supported under FreeBSD since I would also like to
install FreeBSD on my home computer. I have narrowed my choices to the
following printers;

HP 6L
Okidata 600e or 610e
Raven (Panasonic) Ls6

I am especially concerned if I can access the 'full potential' of the
printer under FreeBSD (i.e. dpi and print speed). For instance, in the
HP 6L the printer makes use of HP's Resolution Enhancement technology
(REt) and enhanced PCL 5. But can these features work under FreeBSD?

My e-mail address is yu132719@yorku.ca

TIA for your help,
Ron