Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 1997 19:53:06 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <perlsta@sunyit.edu>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: reset screen hardware?

I don't get it, aren't all SVGA cards the same when i comes down to text
modes as well as regular VGA modes?
I'm not familiar with the protection mechanism in freebsd, if i wrote a
program to reset the text screens by programming the ports what kind of
skeleton code would it need?

Btw, there are interupts that point to tables of data that is put into
the videocard to set various modes, could the kernel save the data before
it switches to protected mode?