Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:31:37 +0100
From:      Maciej Milewski <milu@dat.pl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NanoBSD :: smallest image size

Thursday 19 February 2009 15:07:50 Paul Procacci napisa=B3(a):
> After looking
> through archives to determine what to do, I can across nanoBSD as that
> seems to be included in the FreeBSD system by default, henceforth this
> question.  I couldn't find any information regarding the smallest image
> size possible using NanoBSD.  So the question is: can nanoBSD fw/ the
> proper configurations fit onto a floppy disk...and if not, is such an
> old computer bootable off of a usb stick?  How can I tell without buying
> one?
I think that it will be quite hard to make it running from floppy. If you d=
on't=20
want to install it on this HD (f.ex. because of noise) then you can replace=
=20
HDD with Disk-On-Module or CF card with CF-IDE adapter.
With booting from usb on such rather old computers I had so many problems t=
hat=20
I went for other options like these mentioned above.

Maciek