Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2012 01:07:33 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Kyle Hanson <hanooter@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where did my port go?

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 17:36:53 -0500, Kyle Hanson wrote:
> So yesterday I spent all day compiling haskell-platform through ports which
> was successful. I installed and got my project ready to go, but when I
> rebooted I can't use any of my haskell commands. Where does ports install
> to?

You can find a list of everything a port will install
in the ports package list file, pkg-plist, and search
for entries beginning with "bin/" which typically are
the binaries.

A similar information can be obtained from the package
database, /var/db/pkg/<name>/+CONTENTS; in this file,
als search for lines beginning with "bin/" to find
the binaries.

However, I don't see a port "haskell-platform" on my
systems (ports collection updated few days ago).

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany