Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 2000 01:14:46 +0000 (   )
From:      Joel Eusebio <joel@tilapia.pang.pworld.net.ph>
To:        Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gateway

I just want my FreeBSD box to be a gateway to the internet. I've set
firewall_type to "open" to avoid any kind of restrictions but when I do a
traceroute from one of my workstations who's gateway is the freebsd box I
get all * * *. I have disabled natd since I won't be needing translation
coz all the IP's I'm using are live. I've checked the
/etc/defaults/rc.conf file and copied some of(what I think are important)
to the /etc/rc.conf file but still the Freebsd box won't act as a gateway.
What did I miss??? Thanks for your support.