Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2018 23:53:16 +0200
From:      Robert Clausecker <fuz@fuz.su>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FCP-0101: Deprecating most 10/100 Ethernet drivers

I request that ed(4) be kept as well as that's the driver for NE2000
compatible cards, the most common kind of ethernet card for the ISA bus.
In case anybody wants to run FreeBSD on a system with just an ISA bus,
this kind of card would be the easiest way to get networking to work.

It's also a commonly emulated card by virtual machines, e.g. by QEMU.

Yours,
Robert Clausecker

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign - for an 8-bit clean world
/\  - against html email  - against proprietary attachments