Date:      Tue, 02 Mar 1999 14:02:38 -0500
From:      Cloud <ashtray1@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD with IBM ServeRaid II on a Netfinity 5500

oops wrong return arddress

I am in the process of ordering a IBM Netfinity server 5500, and i will
be running freebsd.
The server has on-board IBM Serverraid II raid controller, which uses
the AIC-7880P adaptec chipset. I see that freebsd supports the 7895
chipset, and the two are very similar (the 7895 supports ultra2wide
scsi, the 7880 only wide scsi).

I am wondering if the 7880P will be detected during the install, or
generally if this chipset will work under FreeBSD. IBM tells me it works

under SCO (all flavours), NT and Netware.

Any help you could give me would be great.