Date:      Sun, 12 May 1996 15:43:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
Cc:        FREEBSD-QUESTIONS-L <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Bug in Kermit?

On Sun, 12 May 1996, Brian Tao wrote:

>     Is anyone familiar enough with C-Kermit to know what this user is
> talking about?  It sounds like Kermit is adding/stripping some sort of
> file header.

Well, I probably do.  Kermit certainly doesn't do what he says, so he
MUST have a problem.  Kermit has startup files, on my system its .kermrc,
and with that he can set "set file type binary" or "text".  Most likely,
he's got it set on "text".

> # kermit
> C-Kermit 5A(190), 4 Oct 94, for FreeBSD
>  Copyright (C) 1985, 1994,
>   Trustees of Columbia University in the City of New York.
> Type ? or HELP for help.
> C-Kermit>
>
> --
> Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org, taob@ican.net)
> Systems and Network Administrator, Internet Canada Corp.
> "Though this be madness, yet there is method in't"

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu, I run FreeBSD-current on n3lxx + Journey2

Three Accounts for the Super-users in the sky,
  Seven for the Operators in their halls of fame,
Nine for Ordinary Users doomed to crie,
  One for the Illegal Cracker with his evil game
In the Domains of Internet where the data lie.
  One Account to rule them all, One Account to watch them,
  One Account to make them all and in the network bind them.