Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 2009 20:33:59 +0100
From:      Sossi Andrej <asossi@dotcom.ts.it>
To:        Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: iSCSI initiator and Dell PowerVault MD3000i

On 16. 12. 2009 15:57, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> Daniel Braniss wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I am playing with iscsi_initiator on FreeBSD 7-STABLE and Dell
>>> PowerVault MD3000i. This is the first time I am testing iSCSI...
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> If I setup RAID 5 'Disk Group' consisted of 4x 1TB SATA drives (in
>>> MD3000i) and then created for example 2 'Virtual Disks', both are
>>> detected by iscontrol and added to /dev/ as da0 and da1, but da1 spams
>>> log with messages like this:
>
> [...]
I use MD300i with FreeBSD 7.0 and 7.1 with iscsi-2.2.2. It work fine.
But be careful to configure MD3000i. MD3000i assign by default first
disk to preferred controller 0, second disk to preferred controller 1,
third disk to preferred controller 0, and so on. First, third, fifth...
disks is usable from FreeBSD, but second, fourth,... disks result unusable.
Work around: manually assign all disks to controller 0.
I'm talking with Dell's technical support, but Dell not support FreeBSD!
In any case, technical support tell me, the problem (maybe) is the
multipath. FreeBSD use only one path (only one IP) to communicate to
MD3000i. Second net interface in unused.

I hope that I have been helpful.
By

--
Sossi Andrej

Via Trento, 16
34132 - Trieste (TS)
Italy

tel: +39 040 2158191
fax: +39 040 0641954
E-mail: asossi@dotcom.ts.it

Ai sensi del D.lgs n. 196 del 30.06.03 (Codice Privacy) si precisa che le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate e ad uso esclusivo del destinatario. Qualora il messaggio in parola Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La preghiamo di eliminarlo senza copiarlo e di non inoltrarlo a terzi, dandocene gentilmente comunicazione. Grazie

This message, for the D.lgs n. 196 / 30.06.03 (Privacy Code), may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.