Date:      Wed, 19 May 2004 14:16:30 +0700
From:      Kirill Pisman <kpisman@sw-soft.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: best video card for bsds

--=-s1nxZHr/3aWV5woSrVxz

=F7 =D3=D2, 19.05.2004, =D7 13:35, Munish Chopra =D0=C9=DB=C5=D4:
> On 2004-05-18 23:03 +0000, Evan Dower wrote:
> > I wonder if someone might be interested in maintaining a web page about=
 the=20
> > current status of various video cards with respect to FreeBSD and X. So=
me=20
> > sort of table with a card column, a driver column, a hardware accelerat=
ion=20
> > status column, and a qualitative stability column would be fantastic. I=
'm=20
> > sure it would be useful and appreciated. I personally would love to hav=
e a=20
> > set place to look up this information whenever it's needed. It seems li=
ke=20
> > it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to maintain, but then I'm not exact=
ly=20
> > volunteering either (though I might in a month or two ;-).
> > My two cents (which apparently originated because two cents was the pri=
ce=20
> > of a stamp to send a letter to the president of the United States),

Well i will be wondered to %)

> I suppose I could do something with the NVIDIA FAQ. I would need
> significant input from other people though, I don't really own
> non-NVIDIA hardware.
>=20
> I'm not really interested in listing every piece of hardware out there
> though. Perhaps we should limit it to cards which (in one way or
> another) provide hardware accelerated 3D?

I will dig up some info. But i had no information about many videocards
(like a top Nvidia's ...) and my test machine is not wondering with
speed yet.(It's a P4/1.8)

 I can perform tests of some geForce's and radeons (i had fedora core
to, so interesting compare tests is will be provided to). I can run
tests on almost any modern version of FreeBSD ( 4.9(or 4.10), 5.2.1 ,=20
on any snapshots of -CURRENT)

So is there anyone hwo had matrox and other cards? If anyone will give
me info about matroxes, intel's integrated chips , and so on i will be
able to create a good table of results.If someone will participate -
lets decide what is the 'test suite'. ports/graphics/realyslick/ ? or
some game ?.

in 2-3 days i will publish my own tests on http://pisman.info/xfiles/ if
noone will show me something better i will use realyslick& xscreensaver.

--=-s1nxZHr/3aWV5woSrVxz

--=-s1nxZHr/3aWV5woSrVxz--