Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:44:28 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        stacey@dsl.pipex.com, sroberts84@btopenworld.com, sroberts84@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I'm subscribed, so why aren't my questions being posted?

Stacey Roberts wrote:
> Hello There,
>     This is a last resort for me.
>
> I've noticed that I no longer see my questions being posted to this
> list.
>
> I know that I'm still subscribed, as I still receive e-mail containing
> the postings of other list subscribers. So what is it that has changed
> over the last two months?
>
> I'm trying really hard to understand what has gone wrong, but I am as
> yet unaware of anything done on my system that is causing this. I know
> that my mail works as I've (in testing) cc'd myself on a few of last
> questions just to see if it gets delivered - and they have indeed been
> delivered.

Some more detail would be nice.  Do you get bounce messages?  Perhaps
your ISP changed their SMTP server config and broke the reverse DNS.
The mailing lists will reject an SMTP server with no reverse DNS.

If your emails are simply disappearing into the Ether, then good luck
figuring it out.  That shouldn't really happen, if the message can't
be delivered, you should get a bounce message.  Again, your ISP may
have broken something in their SMTP config.
--
Bill Moran
Potential Technology