Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:35:54 -0400
From:      Michael Powell <nightrecon@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: question about FreeBSD installing

王跃辉 wrote:

> hi
>     I have a problem when I try to install FreeBSD as client OS on a Linux
> OS.

Sorry, but this does not make any sense to me. How are you trying to install
FreeBSD on Linux? FreeBSD is an operating system, not an application.

> following the instruction I find that I can't open the website of
> www.fsmware.com to finish some download work.

If you want to learn how to install FreeBSD you should start with The
Handbook:

English:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html

another alternative:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/zh_CN.GB2312/books/handbook/index.html

You may notice there is no mention of any downloading from www.fsmware.com.
Perhaps the instructions you are trying to follow are incorrect? The
Handbook might be better as it is the official documentation for FreeBSD.

> it seems that the dns server
> don't support the address in China Mainland. do you have any way to solve
> the problem?

Nope. It is a problem with government politics in China and not FreeBSD
related.

-Mike