Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:38:56 +0300 (MSK)
From:      der <der@pc759.cs.msu.su>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD and WinNT - net problem.

Hello !

I'm sorry, it is not a really FreeBSD question - but may be somebody
already hits in the same trouble.

I have a FreeBSD 2.1.8-RELEASE at home as gateway, and WinNT 4.0 SP3
connected to it via Ethernet (both use a ReadyLink RL2000A PNP).
I can ping from FreeBSD to NT, i can ping from NT to FreeBSD, i can
make a ftp - but when i upload files from NT to FreeBSD, the average speed
was a ~300 Kbps, but when i try to download files from FreeBSD it makes a
smaller when 30 Kbps. The same results when i try to use a Samba - it works
with the same speed in and out.
I look at netstat, and see ~0.01% collisions, no errors, no dropped packets...
I use tcpdump - but also can't find the problems...

Can anybody suppose what's the trouble ?