Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 1998 21:51:49 +0100 (MET)
From:      Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.DE>
To:        andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu (Annelise Anderson)
Cc:        helbig@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.DE, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, jmr@ugcs.caltech.edu, kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net, chris@bb.cc.wa.us
Subject:   Re: learn program

> FYI, there's an ftp mirror of the cvs learn source on my server,
> andrsn.stanford.edu.  It updates twice a day from freefall.FreeBSD.org.
> According to the logs there have been no changes since July 31, 1997.
> It does get accessed now and then, though. It's in the pub/learncvs
> directory.

Hi Annelise,
thanks for the pointer. I wasn't aware of learncvs, so I literally
reinvented the wheel, coming up with about the same changes joerg
did. I didn't know shell's +m flag though, which made me code an
extra fork(2) and setsid(2) to get rid of the controlling terminal.

Joerg, did you plan to put it in FreeBSD's base distribution?
Should we? Why not? :-)

Wolfgang