Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 16:26:52 +1000
From:      Robert Chalmers <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   1-per-week- was Re: Which release is elf based?

Looks like just as you get one running nicely, up pops another one. There isn't
by any chance an MS operative in here as a mole is there? :-)

bob

Dave Walton wrote:

> On 26 Jan 99, at 16:10, Greg Lehey wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, 26 January 1999 at  0:12:09 -0500, Marty Leisner wrote:
> > >
> > > A few weeks ago, I looked at the freebsd pages and didn't find
> > > anything useful about elf...
> > >
> > > Is 3.0-RELEASE elf based?
> >
> > That depends on your terminology.  Let's say:
> >
> > 2.2 supports ELF
> > 3.0 has ELF by default, but an a.out kernel.
> > 4.0 (and 3.1) have everything ELF, and require the new bootstrap in
> >     order to load the kernel.
>
> Whoa...  I must have missed something.  I thought 3.0-CURRENT
> was the latest.  When did 3.1 and 4.0 appear?
>
> Dave

http://www.chalmers.com.au. Publications From China in 24 different languages.
English, French, German, Russian, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese, Burmese, Bengali,
Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Persian, Swahili,
Sinhalese, Thai, Tamil, Urdu, Vietnamese. China Books for CIBTC, Beijing.