Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 11:15:49 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        William <wwoods@cybcon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: egcs and compiling world......

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, William wrote:

# Well, I did a make world last night of yesterdays cvsup to -current and
# egcs did what looks like a good job, meaning it finished. I am going to do
# the kernel compile and install when I get home, I know this is kinda a dumb
# time to ask, but, egcs does work compiling the kernel right?

I have an all egcs world on my alpha box including kernel and
it has made it through two complete builds of the ports tree
and it is working on its third pass right now.  I've had zero
problems with it (thanks to Matt's NFS fixes) until the vtable
thunks were turned off in eg++.  Stay tuned to -current for
the gory details.

-steve