Date:      Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:47:52 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@freebsd.org>
To:        Martin Nilsson <martin@gneto.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec Serial ATA II RAID 1420SA Support (Marvell chip)

On 13/10/2005, at 14:10, Martin Nilsson wrote:

> Scott Long wrote:
>
>> Martin Nilsson wrote:
>>
>>> The chip on the adapter is called AIC-8130 and is also marked =20
>>> Marvell 88SX6541-BCZ, the adaptec Linux driver is called aar81xx.
>>>

> > Getting specs out of Marvell is impossible;
> > it's been tried many times for their previous SATA
> > and network chips, and the result is almost always nothing but =20
> frustration.
>
> I was under the impression that S=F8ren had at least some kind of =20
> documentation for the previous generation of Marvell SATA chips.

I do, but I havn't worked on it for quite some time due to other =20
things getting higher priority.
Also the marvell chips are sufficiently different from the rest of =20
the world that they are not an easy fit into the system, but thats =20
been solved long ago.
I hope to get back to this soon together with a few other chipsets =20
that I've collected during the last months..

S=F8ren Schmidt
sos@FreeBSD.org