Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2001 16:49:45 -0500
From:      Sam Drinkard <sam@wa4phy.net>
To:        Allen Landsidel <all@biosys.net>
Cc:        sthaug@nethelp.no, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.5 PRERELEASE - Call for testing

Well, having followed this thread for some bit, I gotta throw my $.02
worth in.. I'm one of those who has machines connected via a "dumb"
10baseT hub, and auto everything doesn't work.  I think the whole point
is that a certain amount of knowledge is required *before* one should
attempt to build a network.  Both the 4.5-Pre machine as well as the
RH-7 box have identical nic's in them, but alas, *neither one* knows
about the other one.  Only a manual configuration of the one in the 4.5
machine is configurable.  RH 7, with same card is not.  It's MY dilemma,
and despite all the chit-chat, what do you do when you *can't* configure
a card manually, and it won't auto-negotiate?

Sam