Date:      Wed, 05 Jul 2000 20:33:24 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMD K6-2 / 550

At 05:37 AM 7/5/00 -0700, Mike Harding wrote:

>Yeah, but does AMD have disco-dancing clean-room technicians and
>animated sock monkeys?  Does AMD "improve your internet experience"
>with "brighter colors?"

The past 2 years Intel has been terrible with the BS it pushes on the
mostly ignorant consumer.  Have been rooting for AMD since the K7/Athalon
was in design.  Intel's recent problems and refusal of supporting PC133 and
DDRSDRAM to push (or should I say ram) RAMBUS on everyone..  No need to
rant, but AMD has come a long way.  My next personal system will be a dual
AMD.  The capability is due later this year.  With their greatly improved
production capacity Intel best look out, since they will then be able to
start in on the mid-range server market.

They only question then is SMP support for AMD system.

>Sorry about the OT, but these ads have bugged me for years.  :)

Intel's policies have PO'd me for ages now, so pardon my OT rant.

Intel Inside^H^H^H^H^H^HElsewhere.

Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve