Date:      Sat, 22 Jul 1995 15:42:49 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey <jhs@freebsd.org>" <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        "Bryan O'Sullivan" <bos@Eng.Sun.COM>
Cc:        tony@thing.sunquest.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Support charges ( was Re: SUP target for -STABLE...)

Ref.
> Cygnus is different in one moderately important regard: they have the
> GPL to wave at people who don't want the work Cygnus does on software
> like gdb distributed to the world.

I suggest you reread the GPL, I recall no mandate to force publish work.

Maybe we need a new list to handle all the periodic
legal/moral/copyright/commercial-ethics/bs threads that we all
(self included) seem to respond to when not busy, but that swamp us other times.

Think how nice it would be to be able to
	echo "unsubscribe philosopy `echo $EMAIL`" | mail majordomo@freebsd.org
when we're too busy for all that stuff :-)

Julian S	jhs@freebsd.org