Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 1997 21:17:53 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to export directory with subdirs

> > I have to specify the root of the filesystem.
> > So I would have to use
> >
> > /var	-alldirs
> >
> > which is NOT what I want. The PCs should not be able to mount
> > the whole /var FS.
>
> Well, you could make /var/spool/pcnfs it's own filesystem.  that would
> work, but may not be practical depending on your disks.
>
> Hm...

Yes, but repartitioning is a lot of work. And doing this everytime
when a similar situation occurs is very time consuming. So I will continue
going to use my patched mountd. My intention was only to find out
if I have overlooked something with /etc/exports or to find out
why FreeBSD's mountd behaves like that...

Thanks anyway

	-Andre